[Grok-dev] Annotations Usage Pattern

Paul Wilson paulalexwilson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 06:55:43 EDT 2009

Hi Grokkers,

I'm writing a system that uses annotations to store metadata about my
objects. I'm using the annotations concept as a way of providing an
extensible metadata facility. However as I continue to read and learn about
Zope/Grok - I'm not sure about whether I'm taking the right approach.
Looking at code/commentries written by a prominent Grok/Zope member, they
advocate only non-extensive usage of annotations, and in their code write a
meta-data facility which uses containment rather than annotations to solve
the problem.

What wisdom on this topic do you have?

Regards,
Paul