[Grok-dev] HEADS UP: grok-doc initiativ

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Fri Jun 12 09:05:22 EDT 2009

Hi all!

As you are probably aware, we are organising a grok-doc initiative.
The team consists of:

Sebastian Ware
Tim Cook
Steve Schmechel

Our goal is to actively maintain the Grok community documentation. We
intend to organise this effort in a way that makes it easy for anybody
who feels up to it to help us.

This is our plan:

1 Create a grok-doc team originally comprised of the three of us

2 Organise the effort using Launchpad
   - Create one Blueprint for each document in order to organise the
editorial workflow

*** QUESTION ***
Our plan is to use the GROK project on Launchpad, but would you rather
that we created a separate GROK-DOC project?

3 Activate a [grok-doc] mailing list (we are aware about the
objection, but believe that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks)

4 Announce on [grok-dev] how to contribute to the effort (once we have
50% of the community documents covered in the Blueprints section)
   - Sign up and guide contributors

5 Do some serious community doc maintenance... :)

We have also discussed having a week long online sprint at some point
in time prior to the 1.0 release.

*** QUESTION ***
Can a [grok-doc] online sprint be taken into consideration during the
1.0 release planning?

This was all. I hope everybody is as excited about this as we are :)

Mvh Sebastian

p.s. Martijn, we haven't heard anything from you, so we are
interpreting it as a silent nod...