[Grok-dev] Long running HTTP requests

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Tue Mar 3 03:26:29 EST 2009

I don't know if there is a time limit at all, I have debugging
sessions that are open for ten or twenty minutes. However, this sounds
like a bad idea because there are many things that can go wrong and
you would also be consuming a connection (what happens when you have
thousands of these concurrent requests).

I would choose one of the following solutions:

- polling (every minute, or maybe have the server estimates when you
should check in next time)
- asynchronous (but that would obviously require that the client can
be called by the server)

If you are worried about first come first served, you could just add a
waiting list to the resource.

Mvh Sebastian