[Grok-dev] UPDATE recently created projects to 0.14.1

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Wed Mar 11 06:50:10 EDT 2009

Le Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:59:51 +0100,
Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> a écrit :

> Hey,

  Hello,

  (I am reading my old mails.)

> Now that you're here anyway Wichert, are you aware of any sysadmin
> management tool that Grok could plug into? Are there systems that can
> inspect many installations and then give warnings about them being
> down/at security risk, etc? Protocols we could implement?

  There is only one *standard* thing I known, and it's used mainly by
  big companies/organisations. It's SNMP. But it could be fun to have an
  SNMP provider/server on Zope which reports informations (requests
  served/how it is busy/up to date/I don't known what).

  For instance, for Apache:

  http://mod-apache-snmp.sourceforge.net/english/docs.htm

  Some software support it by default, like Squid or OpenLDAP ...

  After there is plenty of software that big companies uses (usually
  they uses proprietary ones) to regroup all those informations to
  consoles, that admin watches and looks for problems on it. Sample
  of those softwares are Nagios, Cacti, or Zenoss
  (http://www.zenoss.com/) a Zope 2/CMF (not Plone) based one (which is
  popular).

  I am sure some companies will be interested by those informations
  (however, they won't die if they don't have it).

  Regards,

  Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae