[Grok-dev] Grokking an adapter factory function as a named adapter

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 04:55:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

I want to be able to do something like this:

from grokcore.component import adapter, implementer

@implementer(IMyTarget)
@adapter(IMyContext, name=u"my_name")
def my_adapter_factory(context):
     return ...

That is, I want to define an adapter factory as a function, rather than
a class deriving from grokcore.component.Adapter, and have it grokked
and registered as a *named* adapter.

Is this possible? Looking at
grokcore.component.meta.AdapterDecoratorGrokker, I assume not. It would
be really nice if there was a way to do this, though.

Martin