[Grok-dev] Mixing grok and ZCML registration for a directory resource

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 22:52:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using five.grok and I have what looks like a bug:

In my package's configure.zcml, I have:

   <include package=".browser" />
   <grok:grok package="." />

In browser/configure.zcml, I have:

   <browser:resourceDirectory name="foo" directory="resources" />

I then have files in browser/resources/*.css

If I do this, the resource directory is not reachable:
++resource++foo/blah gives 404.

However, if I make the grokker do its work before I include my custom
ZCML, like this, then it works:

   <grok:grok package="." />
   <include package=".browser" />

Note that there are other views/viewlets in browser/*.py that are
grokked correctly in either case.

Any idea what's going on here? I don't get an error or warning on
startup, the resource just "disappears"...

Martin