[Grok-dev] Mixing grok and ZCML registration for a directory resource

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Mon Mar 23 07:51:18 EDT 2009

Le Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:07:25 +0900,
Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> a écrit :

  Hello,

> I think I have an idea, actually, and it's weird.
>
> in five.grok.meta, there's a StaticResourcesGrokker that gets called
> dozens of times during startup. It registers resource directories for
> each package, looking for the 'static' sub-directory everywhere.
>
> I'd called my custom resourceDirectory ("foo" above) the same name as
> my package. Therefore, I think the two were conflicting (although I
> didn't get an error).

  I think we can make them conflict, that's in five.grok I think there.
  I will look at it as well, and if there is an issue it will be
  great ... thanks anyway for reporting it.

> Surely, the StaticResourcesGrokker should do nothing if the path does
> not actually exist? A simple os.path.exists() should do the trick, I
> guess.

  Here that's the default behavior of Grok, that all static directories
  are registered by default, so if you had the directory after, I think
  it's already there. I think added a os.path.exists would be nice, but
  that's change how Grok works.

  We need to consult everybody here and ask them what they thinks about
  it ... so everybody ?

  Best regards,

    Sylvain,

--