[Grok-dev] How to use auto-forms to quickly handle nested objects

Steve Schmechel steveschmechel at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 12:22:15 EDT 2009

Sorry for replying to my own post, but I am still in the dark as to whether autoforms (grok.formlib) can be employed to automatically
navigate a hierarchical model structure using schema directives in the model object interfaces.

It looks like they might, but I can't find any examples.

Does anyone have a definitive answer?
Is this approach just "wrong" in the Zope/Grok world?
Should I ask on the Zope mailing list regarding zope.formlib?

I want to keep working on my tutorial, and I want to present the simplest approach to viewing/adding content objects in a web browser as the first step.  I'd rather work on "multiple model object views" and "custom widgets" later, but if that is the only way to make this happen, I will have to change my plans.

Thanks,
Steve