[Grok-dev] Over 2 months, and no new release?

Alec Munro alecmunro at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 09:36:22 EDT 2009

Hi List,

Are there guidelines somewhere regarding when a new release is made? I
ask because the current release has several bugs that inhibit
installation on Windows, and they have been fixed in trunk for quite a
while.

It's baffling to me that this is allowed to continue. How hard could
it be to simply do a release with those fixes? Especially with PyCON
going on, I think it's insulting to all of the effort that has gone
into making Grok what it is, that this issue has been left unresolved
for so long.

I've volunteered my services as an official Windows tester, but
haven't received any response.

Could someone please explain what the problem is here? Do I need to
fork Grok to actually get something useful (I won't, I'll just stop
using Grok)?

Thanks,
Alec