[Grok-dev] hurry.extjs

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon May 4 10:11:33 EDT 2009

Hey,

Santiago Videla wrote:
[snip]
> What do you think? any objections?

No objections as long as ExtJS is not included in the svn.zope.org. I'll
note that ExtJS is under the GPL now (after many license changes), which
isn't very compatible with many ZPL-based projects. I would interpret
GPL-ed code on the client side not to make my server code automatically
GPL as well, but the ExtJS authors explicitly do interpret it that way;
just be warned of potential license confusions with ExtJS...

I'd also note clearly in the documentation for hurry.extjs that ExtJS
itself is GPL and perhaps point to the ExtJS license page (if they have
such) just to let people know what they're in for if they choose to rely
on this for their project.

I will also would like to ban ExtJS from the grokui.* libraries for that
reason, and would recommend against building further libraries on top of it.

All this doesn't take away from the idea that a hurry.extjs could be
very useful to build *applications*, so by all means go ahead!