[Grok-dev] grok trunk - buildout broken

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue May 19 15:55:54 EDT 2009

Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> I propose using this buildout extension and set the "rule" that
>> everything that gets pulled in, should also be listed in the
>> versions.cfg, preferably based on the the KGS we choose for the grok
>> "line of developement" at that moment. Anything that falls outside of
>> the KGS needs to be discussed on the list. Would that work?
>
> Yes, that rule sounds good. Would it be enforced by the software or
> would someone need to manually check on it? We should in the latter case
> make it part of our release steps.

It is not so much enforced as it will be, from now on, clear when
running the buildout of grok and grokcore.view itself what (indirect)
dependencies are not pinned (in the respective versions.cfg files) to a
specific version.

We can then use that information a) while developing to discuss and
decide what version to use and b) use it as a checklist when releasing.
This could use a note in the release-grok-docs.

>> I'll try to revert grokcore.view and release it.
>
> Thanks!

grokcore.view 1.7 has just been released, now depending on
zope.app.container. Grok's versions.cfg now points to this 1.7 version
of grokcore.view.

Hope to have cleared up the slightly messy situation....

regards,
jw