[Grok-dev] Idea for a new tutorial - need feedback

Steve Schmechel steveschmechel at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 21:36:45 EDT 2009

Is anyone interested in taking a look at this and telling me if it is worth
continuing?

I completed the first 5 pages of Part One, but I haven't touched it now for
over six weeks.
I have more I could add, but the people who motivated my to write it (as a
favor) have hobbled together some Google Sites that fit their needs, and are
no longer in a great rush for this sort of application.

Working long hours at my "pay the bills" job (non-Zope/Grok related) and
seeing little development activity on the Grok-Dev list (except when
something is very broken), has severely cut into my motivation to continue.

I have learned a great deal about good development practices simply from
studying code and listening to what the guru's here have had to say.  I want
to give something back to the community.  However, I am realizing that the
odds of ever being able to put any of Zope/Grok code to direct use in my
industry and at my location in the world are "slim-to-none".

I won't be offended if you don't feel my tutorial is worth finishing.  Maybe
I can shift my efforts to proof-reading other peoples' work or helping in
some other way.

I tried to share the tutorial with some others (who have accounts) without
submitting it for publication, but I was not able to do it.  Maybe how to
distribute document for "internal review" needs to be documented somewhere.

Be warned, you may have to be part of the "Documentation" group in order to
see the tutorial, or someone in that group will have to make it visible.  (I
asked for help via the "Contact Form" and to Kevin Teague, but received no
reply.  I think Kevin is part of the Documentation group.  If not, sorry
Kevin.)

http://grok.zope.org/documentation/tutorial/musical-performance-organizer-part-1/

Thanks for your time,
Steve