[Grok-dev] Need Grok Zen

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Wed May 20 07:13:38 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am working on adding ZODB3.9/RelStorage support to a grok based
application.  Yes this means dealing with all the refactoring going on
in Zope land as well.  hopefully I'll have some  feedback for Grok devs
when that time comes.

But my questions is about how Grok finds the ZCML files and adds them
automagically.  I've read quite a bit of the text files and doctests but
there is some small piece I am missing.

Specifically what happens (in the re-factored Zope world) I can bring up
a running server with ZODB3.9.0b1.  But when I go to login  at
http://localhost:8080 I get an error from the PrincipleRegistry saying
taht it cannot find the IPasswordManager utility.

I kind of chased this down with the help of the Zope-Devs to the fact
that the password utilities were not being registered.  So, I added
zope/password/configure.zcml to my application configure.zcml and I get
this error now (of course the server doesn't start now either):

    ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"/home/tim/.buildout/eggs/zope.password-3.5.1-py2.5.egg/zope/password/configure.zcml", line 6.2
    ConfigurationError: ('Unknown directive',
u'http://namespaces.zope.org/zope', u'utility')

So, the question  is; how does Grok currently register utilities?

The zope.password-3.5.1-py2.5.egg/zope/password/configure.zcml

looks like this:

<configure
    xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
    xmlns:zcml="http://namespaces.zope.org/zcml"

  <utility
      name="Plain Text"
      provides=".interfaces.IPasswordManager"
      factory=".password.PlainTextPasswordManager"
      />

  <utility
      name="MD5"
      provides=".interfaces.IPasswordManager"
      factory=".password.MD5PasswordManager"
      />

  <utility
      name="SHA1"
      provides=".interfaces.IPasswordManager"
      factory=".password.SHA1PasswordManager"
      />

  <utility
      name="SSHA"
      provides=".interfaces.IPasswordManager"
      factory=".password.SSHAPasswordManager"
      />

  <utility
      component=".vocabulary.PasswordManagerNamesVocabulary"
      provides="zope.schema.interfaces.IVocabularyFactory"
      name="Password Manager Names"
      />

  <configure zcml:condition="installed zope.security">

    <class class=".password.PlainTextPasswordManager">
      <allow interface=".interfaces.IPasswordManager" />
    </class>

    <class class=".password.MD5PasswordManager">
      <allow interface=".interfaces.IPasswordManager" />
    </class>

    <class class=".password.SHA1PasswordManager">
      <allow interface=".interfaces.IPasswordManager" />
    </class>

    <class class=".password.SSHAPasswordManager">
      <allow interface=".interfaces.IPasswordManager" />
    </class>

  </configure>

</configure>

Thanks,
--Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services