[Grok-dev] [hurry.zoperesource] tests fail due to incomplete install_requires information.

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed May 27 04:56:18 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying hurry.zoperesource and possible alternative ways of injecting
the HTML snippets.

Anyway, after checking out hurry.zoperesource trunk, tests didn't pass
as zope.app.testing cannot be imported. This package (and a few other
packages) are required for running the tests and probably __used to be__
pulled in indirectly by other packages.

I propose to add a "extras_require" section to the setup py and amend
the buildout.cfg like so:

setup.py
"""
  extras_require = {
      'test': [
         'zope.testbrowser',
         'zope.app.authentication',
         'zope.app.testing',
         'zope.app.zcmlfiles',
         ],
"""

buildout.cfg
"""
[test]
recipe = zc.recipe.testrunner
defaults = ['--tests-pattern', '^f?tests$', '-v']
eggs =
    hurry.zoperesource
    hurry.zoperesource[test]
"""

This will then only pull in the extra dependencies when building out
hurry.zoperesource itself for running tests.

I also like to add a few packages to the "install_requires" section as
hurry.zoperesource directly imports from these - "When you import from
it, you depend on it, you should install_require it".

Ok?

regards,
jw