[Grok-dev] Development of hurry.jquery

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed May 27 07:30:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'd like to make note of an extension to hurry.resource I'm currently
working on called hurry.jquery.

This extension is modelled closely to hurry.yui, in that is does not
include the jquery source files itself if I were to check in
hurry.jquery into svn.zope.org (which is my intention).

Just like hurry.yui an extra step will be required from the package
maintainer before generating the egg and uploading it to pypi. This
extra step will download the jquery sources and included it in the egg.

Question:

After reading the thread about hurry.extjs's licensing issues related to
svn.zope.org etc., and after looking at hurry.yui, it still is not
completely clear to me whether it is "safe" to check in hurry.jquery
into svn.zope.org.

Note that jQuery is dual-licensed[1] and "available" under boh the MIT
and the GPL license.

kind regards,
jw

[1] http://docs.jquery.com/Licensing