[Grok-dev] grokproject broken

Jeff Peterson jeff.peterson at crary.com
Mon Nov 23 17:34:08 EST 2009

For some reason I can't do anything with grokproject.

zope at zope2a:~/internal$ virtualenv-2.5 grokenv2
New python executable in grokenv2/bin/python-2.5.4
Also creating executable in grokenv2/bin/python
Installing setuptools............done.
zope at zope2a:~/internal$ cd grokenv2/
zope at zope2a:~/internal/grokenv2$ source bin/activate
(grokenv2)zope at zope2a:~/internal/grokenv2$ easy_install -U setuptools
Searching for setuptools
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/setuptools/
Best match: setuptools 0.6c9
Processing setuptools-0.6c9-py2.5.egg
setuptools 0.6c9 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
Installing easy_install script to /home/zope/internal/grokenv2/bin
Installing easy_install-2.5 script to /home/zope/internal/grokenv2/bin

Using /home/zope/internal/grokenv2/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.5.egg
Processing dependencies for setuptools
Finished processing dependencies for setuptools
(grokenv2)zope at zope2a:~/internal/grokenv2$ easy_install grokproject
Searching for grokproject
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/grokproject/
No local packages or download links found for grokproject
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('grokproject')
(grokenv2)zope at zope2a:~/internal/grokenv2$

I went down this path because I am also having all sorts of issues with an existing grokproject install complaining about version_info_url when trying to create a new project.

Anyone know what's up?
--
Jeffrey D Peterson
Webmaster