[Grok-dev] Grok Application and content initialization

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:44:36 EDT 2009

Souheil CHELFOUH wrote:
> As I said previously, the event should be described in grok itself
> but, of course, fired in grokui.admin, as the app is added

To me, this sound as good solution: have grokui.admin fire the event
after it has created *and added* the application object to a container
(the zope root in this case).

I could be a bit strange at first to find an event type defined in grok
that inside grok itself is not used, but I do not think this is a real
problem.

Should not be hard to add to grok and grokui.admin I guess. And since we
created maintenance branches already, people can "freely" go ahead and
add new features to the trunk.

regards,
jw