[Grok-dev] post 1.0 Grok development wishlist

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 03:17:51 EDT 2009

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> * related to this, exploring a step towards more explicit directives,
> less implicit rules. We could experiment with a megrok.explicit
> extension which requires a lot more directives to be present.

This is a ball that we at THA can pick up, as we're quite explicit
about, uhm, explicitly using the directives. We already have a small
megrok.strictrequire package that does this for the grok.require()
directive.

> * ZTK integration. Grok and grokcore.* should use the ZTK packages, not
> Zope 3.4 anymore.
>
> * Python 2.6 support. The ZTK integration will help a lot.

At the very least Jan-Jaap's (and others'!) work on the grok and zope
buildbots can facilitate in this. See:

   http://dev.thehealthagency.com/buildbot/

> * megrok.layout integration. Look into integrating megrok.layout
> functionality into the Grok core. This would require some discussion on
> megrok.layout to see what shape this integration could best be like.

Also something that could interest us at THA.

> * z3c.hashedresource and hurry.resource integration. Some work was done
> at the sprint to explore this.

Idem.

> * declarative model-level security decorators/directives, for the case
> where Grok's "view-only" security system isn't enough and security
> proxies are desired.

Idem.

> Anything else? Please discuss! Volunteers who want to work on this?

So much to do, so little time *sigh* :-)

I'm still working an hour here, an hour there on the 1.0 release. I hope
to finish this soon. Then I will have the necessary mental bandwidth
again. I think I'll start on the megrok.explicit package.

Regards,
jw