[Grok-dev] ApplicationInitializedEvent feedback

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 08:13:17 EDT 2009

Hello,

Up to now, Grok doesn't handle anything in the life cycle of an application.
It has handlers for the ObjectAddedEvent, nothing else.
The whole creation process, currently, is left to grokui.admin, which
triggers the ObjectCreatedEvent (the ObjectAddedEvent being fired by
the container, while the application is persisted.)

So yes, in my mind, the event was to be trigged by grokui.admin, as
it's the only tool that handles the creation process. I'm not sure how
we could implement the full process in zope itself. From the top of my
head, i could think of something doing :  def
create_application(factory, container, name): ...

For the documentation, yes, it will be done. i'm currently working on
grokui.{admin,base} and I thought I'd wait to use it to be sure that
there will be no other changes. I was also thinking of adding a
IApplicationUpdatedEvent to deal with the update of utilities/indexes.

The test I wrote for the init event could be used as doc, as it's
quite explicit and detailed. I could copy that with minor changes to
the dev doc.