[Grok-dev] grokproject kicks a win32api error

Squidward philswatch at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 11:53:34 EDT 2009

Thanks for the replies.  That put Grok up a notch in my quest for a
framework.

OK... I'm making progress.

I deprecated from 2.6 to 2.5 -- no luck with grokproject
Then I tried to install pywin32 -- pywinwin gagged on 2.5
I went back to 2.6 -- pywin32 installed
---
Now, when I run grokproject (or paster create -t grok myproject) I get the
error pasted below.

Ideas?

Not
v/r
paul

....eggbasket: Downloading
http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-eggs-1.0.tgz ...
eggbasket: Finished downloading.
eggbasket: Extracting tarball contents...
eggbasket: Installing eggs to C:\Users\xxx\BUILDO~1\eggs which will take a w
hile...
Getting distribution for 'zope.app.container==3.5.6'.
error: Setup script exited with error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat
An error occured when trying to install zope.app.container 3.5.6.Look above
this
 message for any errors thatwere output by easy_install.
While:
  Installing eggbasket.
  Getting distribution for 'zope.app.container==3.5.6'.
Error: Couldn't install: zope.app.container 3.5.6

C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\a>