[Grok-dev] Review - REST support in Grok

Paul Wilson paulalexwilson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 06:26:24 EDT 2009

2009/10/14 Jan-Wijbrand Kolman <janwijbrand at gmail.com>

> Paul Wilson wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've made some small modifications to the broken document concerning
> > Grok REST support:
> >
> > http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/rest-support-in-grok
> > https://blueprints.launchpad.net/grok/+spec/doc-rest-support-in-grok
> >
> > Summary of changes:
> >
> >  * Fixed the example to use 'grok.restskin()' rather than RESTProtocol
> >  * Modified the wording to refer more to rest skins rather than rest
> > protocols
> >  * Added an example of applying a skin upon traversal to avoid
> > "++rest++<restskin>" in the URL.
> >
> > I would very much appreciate somebody reviewing the revised version.
>
> First couple of thoughts:
>
> 1) Can we somehow remove or update the comments that were left by
> others? Some of the comments refer to outdate-ness that now has been
> fixed. Maybe ew can leave a "reply" on those comments?

Yes - I wasn't going to touch the comments until someone had checked
my updates, but I'll sort it now.

> 2) Near the end there's an example on how to apply the rest skin in a
> traverse event subscriber. Useful! I would like to see a note though
> that having this traverse event subscriber in there will effectively
> bypass the "normal" view behaviour from that traverse step onwards.

Good spot - this is an important point. I'll make a note of it.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it for me; it really helps me
move forward with these documents that I'm reviewing.

Regards,
Paul