[Grok-dev] How to effectively reuse viewlets?

prinzdezibel prinzdezibel at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 17 16:12:26 EDT 2009

Hi guys, I stumbled upon a problem when doing my first steps with grok/zope.
Maybe somebody of you smart people can help me!
See, I wanted to reuse an existing viewlet that is contained in a package I
don't own and I don't want to modify. Basically I want to have this very
viewlet handled by another viewletmanager. Therefore I subclassed the
viewlet and tried to register it to a different viewletmanager via
grok.viewletmanager(MyViewletManager)

The problem is now that my viewlet is rendered twice. From the original
viewletmanager and from mine. How can I prevent the viewlet to be rendered
from it's original viewletmanager which is placed in the mentioned package I
don't own. Is it possible to unregister a viewlet from its manager?

Thank you for your help!

Michael.