[Grok-dev] z3c.testseup: populating globs and test layers

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 10:21:44 EDT 2009

Hi,

 From the z3c.testsetup pypi page:

"""
globs:

A dictionary of things that should be available immediately (without
imports) during tests. Default is an empty dict, which might be
populated by appropriate layers (see below). ZCML layers for example get
you the getRootFolder method automatically.

This parameter is a fallback which can be overriden by testfile markers
specifying a certain layer (see below).

The globs parameter applies only to doctests, not to plain python unittests.
"""

This is exactly what I need; populating a test's globals from a layer.

Except, it doesn't work.

Or, at least, I do not see how.

There's no documentation on how to do this and if I look at
z3c.testsetup and zope.app.testing code, I do not see how you can get to
the actual test's globals at all - layers have no reference to the test.

Am I doing something wrong here?

regards,
jw