[Grok-dev] Might interest someone: client-server-pdf-creation-with-xtopdf

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Oct 20 16:21:27 EDT 2009

On 10/20/2009 11:54 AM, Sebastian Ware wrote:
> This was on the Reportlab mailing list, and I thought it might
> interest someone. Maybe even to package this for Grok.

Hmm. Interesting. Having run this kind of stuff in external processes
quite a while ago we find the Reportlab/XHTML2PDF (pisa) combination to
be really nice because small PDFs (<50 pages and not too much layouting
complexity) can be done synchronously quite fast. Layouting with
HTML/CSS goes a long way, too.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com