[Grok-dev] New to frameworks. General questions.

Luup kampsuniahv at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 15:33:49 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm planning to develope small web portal thingy for practice and I thought
that it would be neat to use python instead of php which led me to
frameworks and grok, but that decision raises few questions also.
I mean I'm used to system where I have web server that 'serves' dynamic and
static content to users just by putting my code snippets to my web
directory, but skimming through grok tutorial I see that I loose the need
for seperate web server, or do I? Should I serve static content using
apache/nginx/lighttpd and how should one go integrating framework with
another server.
I would be very grateful if someone could point me to some general reading
about using web frameworks.