[Grok-dev] concerns about grokcore.component.provides

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Sep 9 11:35:41 EDT 2009

Hey,

Gary Poster wrote:
[snip]
> That said, it works well for classes, but less so for functions, for
> which the adaptation might be looking up an already-existing object
> (this has existed, though I forget where).  Leo's idea, from a
> following email, is better suited to a theoretical use of adapters, as
> they are used now.  I prefer "creates" but then that's because I have
> an agenda. :-)

I like 'creates' better too (also better than adapts_to, which I came up
with in my last post).

Including functions into the discussion was very useful (thanks Leo for
bringing this up). I think however having a look at class decorators in
a future version of Martian might be a more fruitful direction there (as
I indicated at the end of my last post).