[Grok-dev] maintenance branches for grokcore.* packages

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Sep 18 09:50:01 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

This year at the Neanderthal II sprint we've finally gotten around to
upgrade grokcore.component to use Martian 0.12 and the new inheritance
structure. We are still making tweaks to this to clearly document how
the inheritance rules work, but it's reasonably solid.

grokcore.security was updated to use this version of grokcore.component.
This didn't actually entail any changes.

grokcore.view was updated so the tests run with the new
grokcore.component and Martian 0.12. We have a lot more plans for
changing how grokcore.view works - the way templates are registered, and
the details of how inheritance of grok.template and grok.templatedir
work (in combination with the default behavior). This isn't done yet.

This means that if you rely on a stable version of these grokcore
packages and need to make bug fixes you may want to go for a maintenance
branch. We've created the following maintenance branches for Grok 1.0
related bugfixes:

svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/grokcore.component/branches/1.7

svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/grokcore.security/branches/1.2

svn://svn.zope.org/repos/maingrokcore.view/branches/1.12