[Grok-dev] Can someone who has worked with template pluging review this doc

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed Sep 23 11:12:39 EDT 2009

Hi there,

Paul Wilson wrote:

> 2009/9/23 Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de>:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Am Mittwoch, den 23.09.2009, 09:41 -0300 schrieb Santiago Videla:
> >
> >> I think that it's important to note that when the new templates
> >> language it's placed in a separated egg (megrok.chamaleon,
> >> megrok.genshi, megrok.jinja) you must ensure that this package gets
> >> grokked before anything else
> >> (using <include package="megrok.mytemplate" /> in the application
> >> configure.zcml).
> >
> > Uh, really? Shouldn't <includeDependencies package="." /> do this job?
>
> I agree(d):
>
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/grok-dev/2009-February/007336.html

I remember this thread. We didn't come to a conclusion, did we?

Just tried the includeDependencies approach now with megrok.chameleon
and it worked nicely. Hm, I included hints to this problem in the howto
but I would prefer if we could remove it, as it might confuse readers.
Installing packages is not the main target of the howto and there are
also setup infos on the linked pypi pages.

Testing megrok.genshi was not possible as it looks like this package is
outdated and does not work with current grok:

--------------------%<----------------
File
"/home/.../eggs/megrok.genshi-1.0-py2.5.egg/megrok/genshi/components.py", line 45, in GenshiMarkupTemplateFactory
    zope.interface.implements(grok.interfaces.ITemplateFileFactory)
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
'ITemplateFileFactory'

AFAICS ITemplateFileFactory was removed from grok.interfaces (moved to
grokcore.view.interfaces, right?) in december 2008. Time for an update?

Best regards,

--
Uli