[Grok-dev] Make dependency on infrae.subversion optional in z3c.recipe.compattest?

Jonathan Ballet jonathan.ballet at securactive.net
Wed Sep 30 03:33:40 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Wolfgang Schnerring <wosc at wosc.de> wrote:
> * Wolfgang Schnerring <wosc at wosc.de> [2009-09-30 08:02]:
>> * Jonathan Ballet <jonathan.ballet at securactive.net> [2009-09-25 13:49]:
>>> we are currently using z3c.recipe.compattest in our packages, which
>>> are managed with Mercurial. This means that the current feature of
>>> z3c.recipe.compattest which allows to find package in a Subversion
>>> repository and so on, is currently not very interesting for us.
>> That said, I'm not convinced this "use a svn checkout" feature is all
>> that useful anymore (even though I co-wrote it ;).
>
> I've removed it in 0.11, it just doesn't belong to the compattest
> recipe. This kind of functionality is provided much better by
> mr.developer (and that also supports other SCMs beside svn).

Ok, this is a radical solution, but I didn't find any way to use this
extra requirements in my tests, anyway (I imagined that using "recipe
= zc.recipe.compattest [svn]" would do the trick, but it didn't seem
to work...) And indeed, this is a job well done (and much better) by
mr.developer.

Anyway, thank you for clarifying this out!

 Jonathan ("will my mail be kept in the submission queue? ;)")