[Grok-dev] windows eggs for Grok 1.1

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Apr 15 13:28:55 EDT 2010

Hi there,

We need to know whether we have windows support for Grok 1.1. It looks
like we will for Python 2.6, but not for Python 2.5 and Python 2.4.

Hanno pointed me to this list, maintained by the BlueBream folks. I
verified that those versions are also the ones that are in Grok 1.1:

http://wiki.zope.org/bluebream/StatusOfWindowsBinaryPackages

Hanno is able to make the Python 2.6 eggs but not the older versinos.

So, I'd say, let's say in our release notes that Grok 1.1 on Windows
*requires* Python 2.6. For other platforms I think we should support
Python 2.5 and Python 2.6 (and drop Python 2.4 support).