[Grok-dev] Grok emerging from the dependencies

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 27 11:32:00 EDT 2010

Hi again,

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> * Grok uses less dependencies itself. Grok 1.0 uses 113 dependencies.
>    At my latest count, Grok 1.2 will use 93 dependencies. That's 20
>    libraries less to think about. (I hope to shrink this further though)

After writing this, I've stripped off 5 more dependencies, so we're down
to 88 for Grok 1.2, so down 25 dependencies compared to Grok 1.1. I
suspect with a bit more work (sketched out elsewhere in the thread, i.e.
zope.app.publisher and zope.app.pagetemplate) we can get rid of 5 more.
After that it'll get more difficult, I expect.