[Grok-dev] zope.schema.Choice & unicode problem

Marcel Klapschus battlefox at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 07:44:35 EDT 2010

I have a problem with my zope.schema.Choice in combination with
unicode-values in one of my grok projects:

q_type = zope.schema.Choice(title=u'Art', values=[u'Fehler', u'Änderung'])

Basically, that works fine but since there is an 'Ä'-Umlaut inside the
valuelist,
Zope keeps me crashing while zope-server starts up:

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xc4' in position
0: ordinal not in range(128)

# coding=utf-8 is set in the scriptfile of course. Umlauts work perfect in
"title" but not for "values".

Any Idea what is causing the problem and how to solve it?