[Grok-dev] Disable logging of Http connections (GETs, POSTs...) when logging in debug mode

Hector Blanco white.lists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 15:40:27 EST 2010

Hello everyone!

I have recently installed a Grok server (version 1.2.1). Everything is
working fine but when I start the server in debug mode (using
bin/paster serve --reload parts/etc/debug.ini) it shows all the
network traffic data (GET/POST...)

That is nice, and will be very useful, but right now I'm not that
centered in controlling the network traffic but more in developing
other functionalities. Is there any way of "hiding" said messages?

Here's my parts/etc/debug.ini file (it's the default version but...
just in case)

------------ parts/etc/debug.ini ------------
[DEFAULT]
zope_conf = %(here)s/zope.conf

[server:main]
use = egg:Paste#http
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 8080

[pipeline:main]
pipeline = accesslogging evalexception grok

[filter:accesslogging]
use = egg:Paste#translogger

[filter:evalexception]
use = egg:z3c.evalexception#ajax

[app:grok]
use = egg:grokcore.startup#debug
exempt-exceptions = zope.security.interfaces.IUnauthorized

# Logging configuration

[loggers]
keys = root

[logger_root]
level = INFO
handlers = console

[handlers]
keys = console

[handler_console]
class = StreamHandler
args = (sys.stderr,)
level = NOTSET
formatter = generic

[formatters]
keys = generic

[formatter_generic]
format = %(asctime)s %(levelname)s [%(name)s] %(message)s