[Grok-dev] Grok-doc is now the official Grok documentation discussion list

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Thu Feb 11 07:43:20 EST 2010

*** Mission statement by Martijn ***

"""
documentation group
-------------------

Responsible for the Grok documentation. In part this is in the Plone
site, and in part it's maintained in SVN for the "official
documentation".

We talk on grok-doc at zope.org
"""

*** Delegation of responsibilty by Martijn ***

"So, I declare Sebastian Ware as leader of the documentation group. :)"

*** Comments by Sebastian ***

We bascially need help with:

- Contributing
- Reviewing
- Editing

...of...

- Official documentation (maintained in SVN)
- Community Tutorials and Howtos

*** How will I organise this? ***

I would like to have a list of editors who have credentials to edit
either the SVN repos (official docs) or the community docs (Manager at
the Plone site) or both.

I will post issues on grok-doc and if nobody claims an issue then I
will assign it round-robin-style to editors on the list. I'll post a
semiregular update of the list with current assignments.

Anybody who completes an assignment on time (set by the assigned
editor and subject to one revision) gets a gold star. When you reach a
certain number of gold stars, something great will happen. I'll get
back on that.

*** Main issues ***

1 Getting past the stage of discussing "How to do it" and getting
  to the stage of "Actually doing it".

2 Getting people to commit to doing stuff.

3 Getting that stuff completed in a reasonable amount of times.

4 Giving recognition to those who make an effort.

*** If you don't like the way the work is organised ***

You have two choices...

a) send me a personal email with a suggestion
   (I don't want us spending too much time discussing "how to do it"...)

b) organise a friendly mutiny and take over my responsibility
   (No prestige in this on my part!)

Mvh Sebastian