[Grok-dev] organizing the Grok community

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 10:10:11 EST 2010

Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Paul Wilson over on the grok-doc mailing suggested we organize the Grok
> project's community better, and I think that's a great idea. This is
> what we came up with. I've tried to keep it simple and fairly informal.

Let me note that I support the attempts to get things a tad more organized.

I hope one of the outcomes will be that more people are working on the core
of grok - I think we're missing some firepower in this regard currently.

> development group
> -----------------

I regard myself as member of this group. Having performed most of the
recent Grok releases, one could say I'm also the release manager. I think
the role of a Release Manager is somewhat broader though than what I have
done so far.

There's a hoist of things I would've liked to spend time on: the zapp
zope.app project, but especially the integration of the newer martian
versions.

> web admin group
>
> Responsible for making sure that grok.zope.org continues running and
> works well.
>
> We talk on grok-web-adm at googlegroups.com

Where necessary I could support this team. I do not really like to have
discussions about this topic on yet another list though. Could we move the
discussion of the grok website administration to the grok-dev or maybe
grok-doc list?

regards,
jw