[Grok-dev] adding ZPL.txt to the various grokcore.* libraries

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sun Feb 14 15:33:25 EST 2010

Vincent Fretin wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 12:27 AM, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:
>> Thanks, any new releases had to be done by people with the
>> respective pypi permissions for each package.
>>
>> Rumors are, that also uploading a new version with license file
>> (but without upgrading the version number) to PyPI is sufficient
>> for distributors.

> Please update the minor version. You should not upload another sdist
> with the same version number. I think you can have some problems with
> md5sum of already downloaded tarball being different if you keep the
> same version number.

I agree we should stick to the principle: if we change anything in the
project (such as setup.py, adding a LICENSE.txt), we update the minor
version (at least).

I don't imagine Uli has updated the CHANGES.txt for all these packages
indicate this change (if only the addition of a LICENSE.txt), though.
Perhaps we should do this..

That said, I'd be happy enough if we just released with the proper
license whenever a new release is made.