[Grok-dev] Pending removal of KSS-howtos, will they be missed?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Feb 16 11:01:15 EST 2010

Hi there,

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> Seeing as KSS is deprecated technology I want to remove the howtos and
> tutorial relating to KSS from grok.zope.org so we don't have to
> maintain it.

I'm not sure KSS is exactly deprecated, but it hardly seems to be
getting a lot of attention.

> Will anybody miss it? Is there a compelling reason to keep the docs
> there?

The reason to maintain it would be if someone wants to try it out and
revive KSS. Is it possible to put it in an "okay, this stuff is out of
date, we know it's out of date, we don't recommend you use it, but if
you want to hack on it, here's what's going on" state somehow?

That's not a very important reason of course, but stuff like this
sometimes does happen: something lingers for years and then someone
comes by and revives it. The more documentation this person has the better.