[Grok-dev] Errors with the current dependencies?? (Uwe Hentzschel)

Steve Schmechel steveschmechel at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 15:39:37 EST 2010

I believe the dependency list works fine for Python 2.4 and 2.5.
The problem comes in when you try to use Python 2.6.  Maybe certain
package versions are not available on PyPI.  We don't have different
version.cfg files depending on Python version, right?
Grokproject doesn't have any hidden code that affects things based
on Python version, right?

It must be something in setuptools and/or buildout, but I know
little about the inner workings of either.

I think we just need to decide if we are going to support Python 2.6
with Grok 1.1 and do the necessary testing to make sure everything
builds and the tests pass.

Do we have some sort of automated test setup that supports different
platforms and language versions?  I think I remember something like
that being talked about some time ago.

Steve