[Grok-dev] Thankyou! Re: Errors with the current dependencies?? / Python 2.6 on Snow Leopard

Adam Summers adamsummers1 at me.com
Wed Feb 17 22:01:30 EST 2010

Hi all,

Thankyou very much for all those that responded to this query. I've digested, and am able to run on python2.6 under snow leopard.

Here are my notes:

(Using the appropriate c compiler)

export CC=gcc-4.0
export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6

(setting up a virtual environment)

$ easy_install virtualenv
$ virtualenv --no-site-packages projectfolder
$ cd projectfolder
$ source bin/activate
$ bin/easy_install grokproject
$ bin/grokproject --grokversion=1.1a2 testproject

(pin down zope.app.folder and zope.app.container by editing versions.cfg)
zope.app.container = 3.8.1
zope.app.folder = 3.5.1

(and then run the buildout)

Once again, thanks very much.