[Grok-dev] Grok 1.1 important issues

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 08:11:41 EST 2010

Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Some important issues for Grok 1.1 we should verify works:
>
> * Uses the ZTK (plus zopeapp), through groktoolkit. We'll just freeze a
> recent ZTK...

Grok's buildout.cfg extends the groktoolkit's grok.cfg file. This in turn uses a
very recent revision of both ztk.cfg and zopeapp.cfg.

> * Python 2.6 should work

See below.

> * Running on Linux, Mac OS X, Windows

* buildout and tests pass on linux (ubuntu, using a python2.5 interpreter from a
``virtualenv --no-site-packages``).

* buildout and tests pass on linux (ubuntu, using a python2.6 interpreter from a
``virtualenv --no-site-packages``).

* buildout and tests pass on mac os x (using a python2.5 interpreter from a
``virtualenv --no-site-packages``).

* buildout and tests pass on mac os x (using a python2.6 interpreter from a
``virtualenv --no-site-packages``).

* buildout and tests pass on mac os x (using /usr/bin/python2.6).

I hope someone else can check on Windows...

> * Make sure we don't have missing dependencies. allow-picked-versions
> set to false in buildout.cfg, running buildout with empty egg directory
> and no download cache.

Confirmed: allow-picked-versions is set to false indeed. I actually saw the
effect of that too as I at one moment accidentally removed a version from the
versions list and then the buildout would report an error.

> * new grokui
>
> Anything else?

What would be the correct release order: first release grok and then the
groktoolkit, or first the groktoolkit (that then would still refer to an older
grok) and release grok just after that. I guess the latter...?

regards,
jw