[Grok-dev] Using z3c.template in Grok

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 8 05:38:23 EST 2010

Thanks for the reply!

The only reason I'd need z3c.template to work in grok is because I use
z3c.menu.ready2go.
However, if there is a dolmen.menu that works with megrok.pagetemplate, I'm
very interested to try that one out!
My general use case is this:
First of all, I see as a 'menu' everything that concerns site navigation,
going from page to page from a central place, except from breadcrumbs.
My app has a few containers containing different objects I would like to be
easily accessible.
What I would like is a top bar menu that is that is visible on all pages
with
 - a menuitem with a link to the site's home
 - a menuitem for each (or most) container which folds out and shows links
to (the index view of) each item in those containers.
 - a menuitem with a link to the admin page(s), which is only visible if you
log in as admin
Then I would like a context-sensitive menu on the left showing the different
things you can do on the current context (like the megrok.menu package can
do.

I believe this is a fairly typical use case.

dolmen.menu is not yet on the PyPI, so I'd have to get it from Git, right?
Is it already usable, or still under heavy construction?

Thanks again, you took away a great deal of my confusion!