[Grok-dev] Share testing experience without zope.app.zcmlfiles

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sun Jan 10 15:06:18 EST 2010

Hey,

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
[snip]
> Not sure if it helps, but I had this idea for getting rid of
> zope.app.zcmlfiles:
>
> 1) copy the regsitrations made in zope.app.zcmlfiles to Grok's
> configure.zcml.
>
> 2) remove the dependency on zope.app.zcmlfiles.
>
> 3) step by step see to remove of re-implement the registrations that are
> now in zope.app.zcmlfiles.

I think we should also consider doing this not just with Grok, but with
other zope.app.packages that we need to "rescue" from zope.app that
depend on zope.app.zcmlfiles. This will hopefully allow grok to rely on
just a few zope.app.* packages instead of on a *lot* of them.

> The more I work on this zope.app thing, the more I'm thinking we should
> arrange for some small sprint to work in this together face to face. It
> is just too easy to get tied up in the package-dependecies-spaghetti, to
> get confused and side-tracked and plain frustrated  - at least that was
> what I felt working on this so far.

Agreed. I'd be happy to come to such a sprint!