[Grok-dev] Share testing experience without zope.app.zcmlfiles

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sun Jan 10 15:14:12 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Souheil CHELFOUH <trollfot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Up to now, my common cases have similar needs : to be able to get
> users registration, some security policy, a root folder that is
> traversable and a working test browser.
> I failed miserably trying to set up such a test environment. Can
> anyone come to the rescue and point me the emergency exits, please ?

Have a look at the test_vhosting.py and ftesting.zcml in
zope.traversing. I think that's the closest we have for a pretty
full-flavored functional test setup. It uses the simple
PermissiveSecurityPolicy and doesn't deal with users. But I have no
idea about that part of Zope 3, as authentication and security is
completely different in Zope 2. So maybe it's not all too hard to add
that bit on top of this stuff.

Hanno