[Grok-dev] getting Grok serving remotely

Simon Jagoe azriphale at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 17:51:17 EST 2010

On 23 January 2010 18:20, J. Cameron Cooper <jccooper at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get Grok running on a remote server (an Amazon EC2 one). Now,
> a Zope 2 one I would expect that once it's up on 8080 I'd be able to get
> there with the public IP:8080, but I'm not able to do this with my new Grok
> instance. I know it's not the firewalling, since I can get another server
> running on 8080 and see it fine, but with Grok running (with Paster) on
> 8080, I get the connection refused from the public IP. I know it's running,
> since I can load it with lynx from the server (as 127.0.0.1:8080).
> I notice that when strating it claims that:
> Starting server in PID XXXX.
> serving on 127.0.0.1:8080
> Is it only going to allow connections to this specific name that it's
> serving?

Exactly, it is only accepting connections to localhost (i.e.
127.0.0.1). If you are using the paster server, you can change this by
editing /path/to/project/etc/deploy.ini.in and look for the section
like this:

[server:main]
use = egg:Paste#http
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 8080

Change the host line to contain 0.0.0.0 to bind to all addresses
available, then re-run ./bin/buildout.

Regards,
Simon