[Grok-dev] mass ping - grokui.admin

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sun Jan 24 05:49:19 EST 2010

Hi there,

Kathy Manwaring wrote:
> Well, as a newby, I feel guilty about disagreeing with Martijn,

There's no need to feel that way at all. Please continue to point out
where you disagree with us.

> but I HAVE
> used the introspector - particularly recently.

I think that means we weigh bringing back the introspector a bit more
heavily. I still think we shouldn't let it slow us down if it's
difficult, but I also think that if someone seriously studied
zope.app.apidoc on which the introspector is built, we could replace it
without reintroducing the dependencies we're trying to get rid of.

> However, I am not sure that
> it is currently (Grok 1.0) working as expected, as it only gives me access
> to the object as
> Thomas, David  "{'zope.app.dublincore.ZopeDublinCore':
> <zope.dublincore.annotatableadapter.ZDCAnnotationData object at
> 0x03A68270>}"
> when it is actually a 'Person' object in my schema -

I'm not sure what's going on here. Uli, would you be able to hazard a guess?

> but I am not
> confident enough with Grok/Zope to say this is an issue with the
> introspector, it may be something that I'm not doing quite right. (My view
> of the object shows all the Person information, so I expected to see it
> via the object browser).
>
> Anyway - at least there is talk of bringing it back in a later version.

Input like yours - people who are using the introspector and find it
useful - will help us determine how urgent this is. :)

Thanks!