[Grok-dev] Getting zc.z3monitor going in Grok

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 05:06:00 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get zc.z3monitor going on a grok 1.1a2 project.
I added it as dependency in setup.py, added
<product-config zc.z3monitor>
    port 8888
</product-config>
to the 'extra = ' line in buildout.cfg, so it ends up inside the zope.conf
after a buildout.

But I can't connect to port 8888, and netstat tells me there's no service
running on that port

Apparently the line
config = zope.app.appsetup.product.getProductConfiguration(__name__)
in the initialize function of zc.z3monitor returns None, and bails out

Is zope.app.appsetup no longer supported, or do I need to do somethig
special to get it going?
Any help appreciated!