[Grok-dev] Grokui and the security notifier

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Fri Jan 29 06:56:33 EST 2010

Hi there,

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> I think we used the security notifier once; I'm not sure. Why does it
> keep a zope.app.appsetup dependency alive?

It registers (well, registered) a persistent utility (the security
notifier) on IZopeDatabaseOpenedWithRootEvent.

As the security notifier has to store persistent data (for example the
enabled/disabled state), a regular global utiliy does not help here.

Is there a better way in general to store 'global' data?

Best regards,

--
Uli