[Grok-dev] future sprint opportunities

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jul 8 07:06:31 EDT 2010

On 07/06/2010 08:16 PM, Uli Fouquet wrote:
[bandwidth]
> I was told that they already have the maximum bandwidth provided by
> local providers. It's the maximum offered in far-off places like these.
> But I'll check back.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. But do please check. In any case, I think we
can live with such bandwidth.

> I'd say: at least 8 people, with some extra-tables maybe 12 or 15. It
> would help, at least for planning shuttle-service and similar, to limit
> the maximum number of participants. Maybe 12?

Sure, let's aim for 12 then. I think we should send out a few special
invitations to people active in the Grok community. Listing some that I
don't think I've ever met at a sprint, for instance Sebastian Ware and
Jeroen Michiel.

>> As I said above, sponsors would also be useful. :)
>
> Yes, of course. I cannot spend much money this year personally, but
> Aroldo is already in contact with several people, AFAICT. I think this
> looks good.

Definitely not asking you to spend money personally, you're already
doing more than enough! We'll await news from Aroldo.

>> As to cultural stuff, I'd like to make use of the 5 days of sprinting as
>> much as possible, so it'd be nice if we could somehow organize something
>> half-day or so in the neighborhood so we make optimal use of our time.
>
> As "cultural places" are also a bit far-off and transportation will be
> tricky, we might need a whole day for that. But I'll leave that up to
> Aroldos capable hands. Maybe he would like to speak up himself?

Perhaps the cultural stuff could be placed in the wood itself somehow;
is there a museum of the defeat of the Romans by the Germans, for
instance? That might bring it back to a more reasonable distance. Sprint
time is precious as we don't have it a lot, so I'd prefer to get 4.5
days of sprint time from people instead of 4.