[Grok-dev] Grok 1.1 and error messages

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 10:13:37 EDT 2010

On 7/8/10 16:02 PM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> On 7/8/10 15:54 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Grok 1.1 doesn't send error messages to the console anymore, and that's
>> really really frustrating when debugging. It also seems to screw up the
>> way I do pdb, but that might just be me in frustration.
>
> Just to be sure: grok-1.1 or grok-1.1.1?

I just created a fresh project based on grok-1.1.1. I added an update()
method to the Index view class and in the update method I raise an
Exception.

When using the debug.ini profile and opening the index view,
the traceback is printed to the console. If I set a breakpoint just
before the raise, I get the pdb prompt.

When using the deploy.ini I still get the pdb prompt at the breakpoint.
The exception is however printed to the log/event.log.

All of this is configged in the *.ini files.

Does this help, or are you looking at something different?

regards, jw