[Grok-dev] first installation of grok onDebian "grokprojectSample" Error "SyntaxError: invalidsyntax" solution

DIVINE PAUL Paul.Divine at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Jun 23 07:47:34 EDT 2010

Hi Uli,
Thanks for the reply.

My configuration is the following one.
I am in an internal network. The Debian machine with grok can be accessed only with text connection (I use putty). The machine has no apache software.
Now there is only grok on it.

pl6320:~/npo/virtualgrok/Sample/parts/etc# sudo netstat -tpan | grep 8080
tcp        0      0 139.54.75.166:8080      0.0.0.0:*   LISTEN 12295/python

The browser is on a different machine, a PC window with both IE and Firefox.

In the deploy.ini file I replaced IP number (127.0.0.1) by the official IP.

I used the address
http://xxxxx:8080

At the first attempt with Firefox I had the error ssl_error_rx_record_too_long.

But with IE, I had to type the name and password of grok.
So it can be accessed from the windows PC with IE.
Then I can use both IE and Firefox to access grok server.
May be, there is a Firefox option to set, so that the behaviour will be the same as IE.
In Firefox, in the ciphering tab, SSL3.0 and TLS1.0 are set.

Best regards.
Paul